Job Opening – Digital Champion
Digital Champion Job Description
Updated to August 2022
The Center for Communication Action Bangladesh (C-CAB) is looking for a dynamic young professional as part of its Digital Champions initiative to provide digital literacy training and support to tourism-related businesses in the Khulna/Sundarbans region.
C-CAB, with support from Miles Partnership, has launched the Digital Champions program to improve digital literacy among Sundarbans communities and train businesses to use digital tools to enhance their online exposure.
This program is part of the USAID Ecotourism Activity which aims to strengthen sustainable tourism and digitize the tourism industry in the Sundarbans region.
The Digital Champion role requires someone who is comfortable with the major digital technologies used by travelers, residents and businesses – notably Google, TripAdvisor and Facebook. Also important is a good communicator who is skilled in explaining technology and building the confidence of the user. Training and support will be provided to build on these foundations.
About the Role
This is a contracted position for the duration of the Digital capability building part of the overall program; late 2022 to the middle of 2023. We are looking at contracting one full time or two part time positions.
This position(s) has responsibility for:
● Contacting target businesses and community organizations that need digital marketing support and connecting to support them in a variety of ways
● Meeting and providing in person support one on one or in small groups
● Helping create and refine instructional materials including recording simple, short instructional videos
● Working against an agreed training plan with partner organizations and providing reports to C-CAB, Miles and partner organizations.
● Helping develop and refine training tools and materials to local needs and audiences
● Presenting the Programme Manager progress reports, relevant updates and feedback
Required Qualifications and Experience
● Working knowledge of digital marketing in general with good knowledge in using digital maps, in local search and across online travel content
● Good knowledge and connections with the communities and the natural environment of the Khulna/Sundarbans region
● An interest in the future developments of these tools and platforms
● Interest & knowledge of travel and specifically, sustainable tourism
● Aptitude for teaching/training, including in-person and online
● A relevant tertiary level qualification in Marketing or Digital Marketing or another relevant field
● Fluent in English and Bengali
If you have the required experience, self-motivation and can work independently, then we would love to hear from you. Apply with full CV to: email@example.com
Salary package: Negotiable
About the Digital Champion Program
The Center for Communication Action Bangladesh (C-CAB) and Miles Partnership are working with the Bangladesh Ecotourism and Conservation Alliance (BECA) and the Government of Bangladesh in this program. The Digital Champion program is part of a wider project focusing on sustainable tourism development in Bangladesh’s most iconic tourism destinations and arguably most important protected area—the Sundarbans. The Sundarbans is the world’s largest remaining mangrove forest and a critical area for economically important fisheries, coastal communities, and the iconic Bengal tigers.
The Digital Champion Programme is working as part of a wider tourism development program to create a more inclusive tourism value chain that integrates local communities and maximizes conservation benefits while increasing tourism investment and revenue in targeted areas.