Jobs – Build Your Career With C-CAB
Program Officer – Center for Communication Action Bangladesh
The Program Officer will play a key role as part of a dynamic team in the scale-up and implementation of media, communication and information-focused projects across the country.
C-CAB is implementing a 5-year-project to raise awareness about a better work environment in the industrial sector with support from the European Union.
• Provide both technical and management support and oversight to the projects in a fluid operational environment
• Produce media content including press releases, captions for videos, and scripts, as needed
• Supervise the implementation of project activities including street theater and ensure high quality and high impact programmatic delivery
• Serve as programmatic focal point on advocacy efforts with focus on a bottom-up advocacy structure, working with program staff and manager to identify advocacy activities, priorities, and opportunities
• Support program managers in all parts of the project cycle
• Prepare and deliver concise, targeted written reports and presentations for diverse groups, including peers, internal boards and external audiences
• Represent C-CAB in internal and external meetings
• Provide other programmatic, logistical and administrative support as required
Relevant University degree in journalism, communications, marketing or another relevant subject.
• Minimum of four years’ experience in communications, advocacy and/or mass media, or journalism. Minimum three years’ experience working in the international humanitarian or development sector or a national news outlet.
• Strong knowledge of the news cycle and the Bangladeshi media sector
• Experience in managing communications issues in complex and delicate situations
• Experience in building media contacts, good presentation skills
• Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages
BDT45,000 – 55,000 per month based on qualifications.
Reports to: Head of Programs
Apply with CV and two references at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 August 2022